Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Gay Marriage

orig. posted on FB Sunday, November 12, 2006 at 10:22pm
I'm not opposed to legalizing gay marriage ... but that's only because the damage it will do to the institution of marriage will be microscopic compared to the wreckage left by heterosexuals. I just don't understand what gays are so jealous of, considering what state American marriage (on the whole) is in. 52% divorce rate. Average first marriage: 12 years long. Avg. 2nd: 7 y. Avg. 3rd: 5y. (These are somewhat old statistics, but I bet they're not completely obsolete.) Materialism in America dictates a 2-income family structure & no real provision for raising children properly. Do we love our toys more than our kids?
~ I don't think I'm finished w/ this topic ... ~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home